1. Blanket Sunday is approaching again, on March 14, and you may be wondering where the blankets purchased with our offerings go. They are used in many communities – both overseas and here in the U. S. – to comfort families impacted by hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding and other crises (including homelessness and poverty). Please plan to take part in the special offering on March 14th All gifts placed in the offering or mailed to the church should be in an envelope and marked “Blanket Sunday”. Thank you for showing God’s love.
2. Help us raise money for disaster relief for both those in Bayview, North Carolina and Dayton, Ohio after hurricane and tornado damages affected these regions. We can walk to create relief in these two areas ravaged by disasters. More details can be found in the newsletter.
3. The Southern PA and Mid Atlantic Districts will resume meat canning the weeks of April 5th and April 12th. Our church has pledged 4 workers for the 2d shift (9:00am-2:00pm) on Wednesday April 7th. Please contact Steve Horr if you are interested in volunteering.
4. Please get information to Stacey by Sunday, March 15th for the newsletter
5. The Altar Team will be creating a smaller traditional Easter Garden for Easter Sunday on April 4. Flowers are available to purchase and take home following worship service. All flowers will be $8.00 each and you can choose lilies, daffodils, tulips, or hyacinths. The number of each variety will be limited so be ready to make a second choice, if needed. Call or e-mail Alice Houck, if you would like to participate and indicate your choice of spring flower. The Altar Team will reserve your flower and it can be taken home Easter morning. Payment can be cash or check made payable to UBCOB.
8. Please watch for next weeks announcements email for details about Easter Sunday!
Meetings This Week:
1) Tuesday at 1:00pm – Nurture
2) Tuesday at 6:45pm – Witness
3) Wednesday at 7:00pm – Prayer Meeting over zoom
4) Thursday at 7:30pm – Book Discussion
5) Thursday at 6:00pm – Worship Committee